On Tuesday, March 19, we said goodbye to our two most senior missionaries. What a blessing these two missionaries have been to our mission!
Elder Hutchings returned home to Fresno, CA. He plans to return to BYU in the Fall. Elder Hutchings spent the last part of his mission "reopening" the city of Artyom with much success. He has a deep, "radio-announcer" voice, so we've encouraged him to look into broadcast journalism :)
Sister Huber returned home to Magna, UT. She plans to return to BYU in the Fall where she is a Humanities major. Sister Huber is known for her limitless energy, her smile, and engaging everyone she met as she shared the gospel. She was a trainer for every transfer except the two transfers she was trained!
The very next day, March 20, President Brinton and I welcomed our newest missionary, Elder Herbert. He is from Orem, UT. He is the last of the missionaries to spend an entire 12-week training in the MTC. Our next group of missionaries to arrive will have spent 9-weeks in training. Due to the huge increase in missionaries at the MTC, the training periods have been shortened considerably. We are so happy to welcome Elder Herbert. He will be a great addition to our missionary force.
Elders Ibragimov and Herbert sit down for a Brinton Breakfast: pancakes with buttermilk syrup, bacon, eggs. and hash browns and of course juice. Russians have delicious juices including peach, pear, grape, tomato, cherry (my favorite), apple, and orange. Elder Herbert discovered some Nutella in the cupboard and made 1/2 of his pancake sweet adding bananas to the Nutella. (see knife in Nutella jar :)
Elder Herbert will join Elder Ibragimov, his trainer, in Ulan-Ude (Siberia) where it has warmed up to -20 degrees in the past few days. Spring is around the corner!
Elder Herbert is in for a treat. I was in a district with Elder Ibragimov. He is one of the most humblest missionaries I've ever me. He's constantly improving, and he does his best to serve the Lord. Elder Heinrich and Sister Huber were inspiriational to me in the mission field. The Vladivostok Mission is very spoiled.
ReplyDeleteHi my name is Nathan Erickson. I opened my mission call on Thursday and I have been called to serve in the Russia Vladivostok Mission. I report to the MTC July 17th! I'd love to hear from you! What should I be doing to prepare? My email is natevrussia13@gmail.com =)
ReplyDeleteHi Sally,
ReplyDeleteThis is Shari Shoufler, Marg Shoufler Swan's daughter in law. She is enjoying reading about your mission and was hoping maybe you have an email address where she can contact you directly. The one she has saved here on her computer is no longer in service. Her email address is still billmarg@woodardscomputing.com. It would be great if she could hear from you. Take care and Happy Easter.
The Swan and Shoufler Families