On April 3, we welcomed four elders and one sister missionary to our mission. What an incredible group of missionaries. They are all eager to serve and have come well-trained from the MTC!
From left to right: Elder Walker from Kaysville, UT; Elder Jewkes from Logan, UT; Elder Adams from Logan, UT; Elder Ostler from Lakeland, CO; and Sister McMurtrey from Loveland, CO
Carrying all you need in two suitcases for two years or 18 months is always a big challenge.
We managed to get all the luggage into the mission van.
...along with the smiling, but tired missionaries!
At the Welcome Dinner, the new missionaries were given an assignment to memorize the words to a favorite mission hymn..."We'll Bring the World His Truth"... in Russian.
We are grateful for these new missionaries and the preparations they have already made to go out and "get to work" bringing souls unto Christ. They will be serving in Ussuriysk (Elder Ostler); Irkutsk (Elders Adams, Walker, and Jewkes) and Ulan-Ude (Sister McMurtrey)
We claim Elder Jewkes! We came to know and love all these missionaries during their MTC stay. They are amazing:) I'd love to use these pictures if I could.
ReplyDeleteSister Jewkes...you are welcome to use any of these pictures! We are so happy to have your wonderful son in our mission! We are currently in Irkutsk and spent time with all the missionaries here (including your son). Stay tuned for more pictures when we return from our trip. Sister Brinton
DeleteYahoo!!! I am so happy to see Elder Walker's smiling face! I also was glad to see his luggage was there as well. I know he is so excited for this opportunity to serve. Thanks for the great pictures and the update.
ReplyDeleteSister Walker...we loved seeing Elder Walker's smiling face! Yes, all the luggage arrived just fine. We enjoyed spending time with him today and the other missionaries here in Irkutsk. They are all doing great and improving their Russian each day. Sister Brinton
ReplyDeleteI thank you so much for this blog. I have been following it since my daughter received her call. She enters the MTC in 12 days. I will anxiously await your post when she arrives in a couple of months.
ReplyDelete