Some of our fine missionaries at District meeting!
Vladivostok is the Russian "San Francisco". It is built on hills and every morning/evening the fog rolls in. The people we have met on the streets and airplanes are wonderful people. Our goal is to find those who are earnestly seeking for the truth in their lives. Although we have a long ways to go, our Russian-speaking ability has increased since being here. I fully expect President Brinton will be fluent in a matter of months. He speaks mostly Russian throughout the day. Our days begin at 6:30 a.m. as do all our missionaries. We eat, exercise, read scriptures, have companion study, and language study before going to the mission office and, most importantly, out with our missionaries to find, find, find and teach, teach, teach. We are really thrilled that there will be two baptisms in Vlad this Saturday: a woman and a man. We had a baptism in Sakhalin last week. Our elders are focused on finding males to build the priesthood leadership here in this part of the world. The sister missionaries are focusing on females. We have set some lofty goals and are pleased that the missionaries are "on board" with those goals. In fact, they were part of setting the goals for baptisms through the end of the year. IT IS A NEW DAY IN RUSSIA and it is a privilege for us to be a part of it. We know that someday there will be a stake and temple here. Pres. Hinckley prophesied that would be so. Thank you for your support and prayers. We know that miracles are occurring in Russia. The Lord's work is going forward with much enthusiasm!
Мы любим вас!
Greg and Sally Brinton
Russia Vladivostok mission
I just found your address and read all three of your reports. They are wonderful. I love the details you include. I hope you will be able to continue writing such interesting and spiritual reports for the whole three years! I also enjoy reading the reports from Sam and Lindsey.
ReplyDeleteThere was a very interesting article in the LDS Living magazine called "the Church in Russia." I will try to find a way to send it to you, maybe to your email.
Keep up the good work and we will keep the prayers coming for you!
Love, Susan
You must be working very hard!
ReplyDelete